International Office of the Faculty of Business Studies and Economics

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can I contact?

The team of the International Office of the Department of Business Studies and Economics can help you with every question. You can reach us during our office hours or by e-mail: international(at)

Do I need any language certification?

No, you don't need any language certification. Neither German nor English.

However, you should be able to understand basic english and/or german to be able to follow the lectures efficiently.

When is the application deadline?

Forregular exchangestudents the deadlines are May 31st for thewinter term, November 30th for the summer term.

For students of our Haaß Summer Schoolthe application deadline is 31st March.

Do I need a visa to study at Technische Universität Kaiserslautern?

You need a visa if you are coming from outside of the European Union.

When do the terms start?

Summer term starts on 01.04. and ends 30.09. Lectures start in the second or third week of April and end mid/late July. Exams will be written in July/August.

Winter term starts on 1.10. and ends 31.3. Lectures mostly start in the third week of October and end mid February. Exams will be written in February/March.

What tuition fees have to be paid at Technische Universität Kaiserslauter?

There are no tuition fees that have to be paid by exchange students in general. The only thing you have to pay for is a social contribution of about 220 EUR for enrollment. This inculdes a semester ticket for the public transportation systems in Kaiserslautern and in the whole area of the VRN, including Mannheim, Heidelberg and Saarbruecken for example.

Where do I find information about lectures?

All lectures can be found in the academic calendar, for lectures offered by the department of Business Studies and Economics click on "Wirtschaftswissenschaften", you will then find lectures offered in English by selecting "International Business Courses (in English)".
You can also find a list of the English courses in the section "Regular Semester".

Will I have full access to the library and its facilities?
Are computer workstations available for students?

You will get a Student ID-Card, which gives you full access to the library, canteen and local transport. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the whole campus and you can utilize the PCs on the RHRK. Additionally you can print 200 pages/month for free on campus.

What extracurricular activities are offered at Technische Universität Kaiserslautern?

A wide variety of activities are offered including sports, art courses, language courses, computer courses, continuing education, theatre performances, religious events and lectures.

For exchange students there is a special programm named ErasmuScout you can sign up for in advance of your stay.

Do these questions also apply for Haaß Summer School students?

Yes, as a Haaß Summer School student you have full access to these benefits since you are an enrolled student with your own student ID.







Zum Seitenanfang